Healthy Pancake Recipe


Gluten Free & Sugar Free!

I LOVE pancakes, but I also love being fit and healthy, so it is normally a struggle for me to eat pancakes and not feel guilty about it later. And then I found this recipe that I'm going to share with y'all and "tweaked" it to my liking!!

As you might know, I am a Pinterest freak. I go to Pinterest for anything from DIY projects to recipes to outfit ideas, you name it.. When I first started on my health and fitness journey about two years ago, I was constantly searching for recipes that fit my dietary needs. I found a recipe for 2 ingredient "banana pancakes" (just eggs and bananas) that has been my go-to recipe up until I found this one to replace it! 


This recipe is so versatile! You can swap out ingredients and add whatever toppings you like.  If almond milk isn't your thing, you can use soy milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, or regular dairy milk.  If you're dairy free then you could swap out the greek yogurt for unsweetened applesauce. As far as toppings go, I like to add chocolate chips, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, cinnamon, you name it!




Ingredients:
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 medium banana
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Optional Additions:
Stevia or your choice of sweetener 



Directions:
  1. Preheat your skillet on low to medium heat. My pancakes always burn easily so I like to keep it on a lower setting. I spray my pan with Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Spray, but you can use a nonstick spray of your preference or butter.
  2. Add ingredients to a blender (or a Ninja or Nutri-bullet) and blend until the oats are fully broken down and batter is smooth and frothy. If your batter is too thick, you can add another tablespoon of almond milk.
  3. Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached. Cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes (see picture above for reference). Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Don't forget to coat your skillet with oil between each batch.
  4. Add your favorite toppings, drizzle some pure maple syrup on top, and enjoy!!

Let me know what you think!
XO,
Jayna


* I'm not the greatest food photographer, but I'm working on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to New York... It's Been Waiting for You

Embracing Change: 20 Things I'm Going to do This Year

Next Stop... Charleston!