{DIY} Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes

{DIY} Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes

On Christmas, my boyfriend of 9 1/2 years popped the question!! Since we want to get married in October, I went into full wedding planning mode after the 1st of the year. We knew that we wanted to do something special to ask our wedding party to be in the wedding. We set up a reservation for 40 people at the new restaurant in Shelbyville, Riverfront Taproom. I contacted each person individually (to keep the dinner a surprise) and asked them to go to dinner with us that evening. The week of the dinner I was busy making boxes and gift bags for our wedding party. If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen bridesmaid boxes before. Pinterest is where I get all of my inspiration! 



My mom and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get the boxes, letters, craft paper, tulle, and burlap ribbon. My mom was the mastermind of the design of the front of the boxes, so I let her do the work... ;) She glued the tulle and this adorable burlap ribbon with lace on the top of the box. She tied the middle together with some thin string and finished by gluing the paper and letter on top. I cut the craft paper and glued it to the inside of the lid to match the outside.





I typed out "Will you be my bridesmaid/matron of honor/maid of honor?" in a Word document, printed them, cut them out with craft scissors, and used double sided tape to attach it to the lid. I also made these fun little cutouts that say My Girls, Your Role, Our Day, and Our Colors. I used the same edged scissors and taped the paper to some cardboard scrapbook paper. To keep the cutouts together, I tied them with jute twine. 


I bought shredded paper at the dollar tree to fill the bottom of the boxes. I put a mini wine bottle, a mini candle, a face mask, a ring pop, and some Ferrero Rocher chocolates in each box. For my matron and maid of honor, I included a cute bracelet. I have 2 younger bridesmaids, so instead of the wine and candle I got them sparkling juice and nail polish. I tried to choose items that coordinated with our wedding colors. For our flower girl, I bought a necklace with flowers on it and wrote a sweet little poem asking her to be our flower girl.


I knew that my fiancĂ© could care less about creating cute boxes for his groomsmen, so I decided to make them gift bags. My maid of honor, Emily, helped me by writing each guy's name on a chalkboard tag and "Will you be my groomsmen?". I put whiskey and cokes, a lottery ticket, slim jims, and a Reese's cup in their gift bags. For the 2 younger groomsmen, I got sparkling juice and baseball cards instead of whiskey and coke and lottery tickets. 


For our 2 ring bearers, I got a Paddington bear and a Corduroy bear and made some signs out of the cardboard scrapbook paper that said "Will you be my ring bearer?". I used a hole punch and wove the jute twine through to hang it around the bear's neck.



I was so excited that we pulled off a surprise party for the 17 people in our wedding party! Everyone was so excited!! We are so blessed to have these wonderful people in our lives and we can't thank them enough for wanting to be apart of our big day. Welcome to the #BrittSquad! We CANNOT wait to get married on October 7th. 


Until next time...
XO,
Jayna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to New York... It's Been Waiting for You

Embracing Change: 20 Things I'm Going to do This Year

Next Stop... Charleston!