Five on Friday {8-12-16}




ONE. 
"The Weekenders" - Mary Kay Andrews
I have been doing A LOT of reading this summer! And I love sharing some of my favorite reads with you. I'm thinking about doing a summer reading list post or something along those lines.. Anyways, The Weekenders was another one of those books that I couldn't put down! It's the perfect beach or poolside read if you're into murder mysteries. Read the description here.



TWO. 
Iced Tea Press from David's Tea
If you know me, you're aware of my David's Tea addiction... I probably have 40+ different kinds of tea. This iced tea press has been a LIFESAVER this summer. All you have to do is put two perfect spoons of tea in the bottom, fill it with hot water to the line, and press the ice down when it is done steeping. Perfect cup of ice tea every time ;)



THREE. 
I have been obsessed with cookbooks this summer. After our New York trip, I ordered 4 cookbooks from places we had visited. Just this week, I ordered 4 more that I'm waiting patiently to arrive... I love Chrissy Tiegen's cookbook "Cravings." I have at least 5 recipes that I cannot wait to try like the Drunken Noodles, Chrissy's Mac and Cheese, Everything Chicken Sandwich Melts... my list could go on and on! My little sister just turned 13 today so I made the confetti cake from the Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook. Not gonna lie, definitely makes the top 5 best cakes I've ever made list. Check out my instagram or Facebook page for pictures later today! So far I have: Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, Juniors Cheesecake Cookbook, Momofuku Milk Bar, Big Gay Ice CreamSally's Candy Addiction, CravingsThe Cookies & Cups Cookbook, Delicious Dump Cakes, No-Bake Treats, and Cake Magic.



FOUR. 
Cold Brew Coffee
Why am I just now discovering this!? I'd be in trouble if I lived closer to Starbucks because I'd get a venti cold brew every. single. day. If you love coffee like me, you need to try this. I get it with a splash of skim milk, white mocha, and toffee nut syrup! I really want to try to make my own, but I have no idea where to start.



FIVE. 
Baking
https://www.facebook.com/jaynassweettreats/
If you have me on Facebook or insta, you probably know I've started a small baking business! I have had so much fun with it this past month with all of the new orders coming my way. I'm working on setting up an order form through google docs, so please "like" my Facebook page for more updates and delicious goodies.



Now I have some questions for you...
1. What are some of your favorite books you've read this summer?
2. Name one thing you can't live without having each day. (for me it's coffee)
3. Have you ever made your own cold brew coffee?
4. What is your favorite dessert?


Until next time...
XO,
Jayna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to New York... It's Been Waiting for You

{DIY} Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes

Embracing Change: 20 Things I'm Going to do This Year